Republic Of Portugal
- Member of the European Union and Schengen Area
- Located between Spain and the Atlantic Ocean
- Mediterranean climate; one of the warmest countries in Europe.
- High quality of life, with modern business and medical facilities, shopping, universities, natural beauty, sports, and cultural events.
- Population of 10.5 million; 20% live in the capital city of Lisbon
- GDP of over US $7,800 per capita
- Official language is Portuguese, but 80% of the population also speaks English.
- T otal area of 92,212 km²
Portugal Golden Visa Program
- Application includes principal applicant, spouse, and all dependent children
- Applicant purchases a property in Portugal, or makes an investment in a Portuguese bank; investment period is 5 years (or until citizenship issuance).
- Residents may work and live indefinitely in Portugal, and travel visa-free throughout the Schengen area (26 European countries).
- Children can attend schools and universities
- No tax on worldwide income
- After 6 years of residency, family can apply for Portuguese citizenship and passports
- Possess a valid passport and live legally in any country
- Not already a citizen of the European Union
- No net worth, source of funds, management experience, language, or education requirements
- No interview (only an exploratory visit)
- Minimum age 25 (no maximum age)
- Pass a security background check
- Purchase a property in Portugal (€500,000), or make an investment in a Portuguese bank (€1,000,000); investment period is minimum 5 years (or 6 years to apply for citizenship).
- Spend two weeks in Portugal in each two year period during residency period
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest information on this program, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555