Prince Edward Island (PEI)
- PEI is located on the east coast of Canada, and is connected to the mainland by the Confederation Bridge.
- PEI is Canada’s smallest and greenest province
- Population of 145,855 people
- Total area of 5,660 km²
- GDP of over US $36,700 per capita
- The provincial economy is dominated by the seasonal industries of agriculture, tourism,& fishery
- Currency is Canadian Dollars (CAD)
PEI Provincial Nominee Program
- Immigration is needed to address PEI’s population and economic needs.
- PEI PNP is a partnership between the Province of PEI (Immigration Services) and the Government of Canada.
- PEI PNP nominates applicants who are expected to make a positive economic and cultural contribution to PEI.
- Business Impact Category: Nominees invest in and actively manage a business in PEI.
Advantages Of Living In PEI
- Smallest of all Canadian provinces, in both size and population
- With two urban centers, it is not over-crowded
- Some of the lowest housing prices in Canada
- One of the lowest crime rates in Canada
- Beautiful scenery
- Friendly and welcoming citizens
- One of the most popular tourism destinations in North America: more than 1 million visitors annually.
- Ideal place to raise a family and operate a business
- Charlottetown, PEI, is the lowest cost capital city in the lowest cost country in all of North America, Europe and Japan, in which to do business (KPMG).
- Major industries are agriculture, aquaculture, tourism, fishing and manufacturing.
- Information Technology, Aerospace, Financial Services, and Bio-science are rapidly growing industries.
- Exports from the pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing industries grew by 10% per year over past several years.
- Strategic access to global markets with efficient transportation and infrastructure
- Located within 625 km of key markets such as New York, Boston, Toronto and Montreal.
- Skilled workforce: Over 54% has post-secondary training
- Low employee turnover: average employment tenure is over 9 years.
- Private sector unionization rate is over 8% (national average is approximately 20%).
- Highest labour participation rate in Atlantic Canada: over 69%.
- Intend to settle in PEI
- Intend to manage, invest in, or own a business in PEI
- Make a minimum investment in a PEI business in accordance with Section 87 of the IRPA regulations.
- Minimum $600,000 in earned net worth (including at least $150,000 in cash).
- Between 21 and 59 years of age
- Completed at least 12 years of school (completed secondary school).
- Minimum 1-2 years of recent, transferrable management experience.
- Basic proficiency in English (IELTS 4.0) or French
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest information on this program, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555