Republic Of Cyprus
- Cyprus is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
- Cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean, and a member state of the European Union.
- Total Area of 9,251 km2
- Population of over 1,155,400 people
- GDP of approximately US $26,800 per capita and of approximately US $23.36 billion purchasing power.
- Cyprus is a major tourist destination in the Mediterranean.
- Currency is the Euro
1. Mixed investments and a donation to a state fund
- Applicants choosing this option must deposit €2 million for the purchase of shares and/or bonds of the State Investment Company (under formation) and should make a donation of at least €500,000 to the Research and Technology Fund.
- Investors need to maintain the shares and/or bonds for a period of three years.
2. Direct investment
- Applicants choosing this option must make a direct investment of at least €5 million in the purchase of one of the below:
- Businesses or companies
- Financial assets
- Investors need to maintain ownership of the assets for a period of three years.
3. Bank deposit
- Applicants choosing this option must have a fixed term deposit of at least €5 million for three years in a Cypriot bank.
- Financed Investment
- Clients can leverage their capital by choosing to finance the required investment amount through a European Bank.
4. Combination of options 1, 2 and 3 amounting to at least €5 million
5. Business activities
- Applicants choosing this option must be shareholders or beneficiary owners of a company, the management of which is in the Republic of Cyprus and the company has contributed at least €500,000 per annum, in the past three years to state funds (corporate tax, VAT, etc.).
6. Persons whose deposits with the Bank of Cyprus or Popular bank have been impaired
- Applicants that have incurred an impairment in deposits on one or both of the aforementioned Banks amounting to a total of at least €3 million can apply for Cypriot citizenship. In case that the impairment incurred is less than €3 million, one can cover the difference by making an additional investment in the above mentioned options.
- Fast, simple procedure; can obtain citizenship within 3 months of application.
- No residence requirements for citizenship (Investors must visit Cyprus one time in every 7 years).
- No language requirement
- No need to renounce current nationality (Dual Citizenship)
- An outstanding holiday destination
- Rights to reside, work, and get an education in Europe
- Free trade within the EU, and right to own land in EU nations.
- Ease of travel within the EU
- Low crime rates, high-standard educational institutions, excellent healthcare facilities.
The program is one of the fastest to lead to residence and citizenship in Europe. According to the Civil Registry Laws 2002- 2013, high-net-worth individuals can obtain Cyprus Citizenship by Investment by satisfying specific criteria as well as providing the substantial financial investment.
- Must hold a permanent privately-owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 plus applicable VAT;
- Must choose one of the prescribed investment options and maintain it for the required duration.
- In addition to making a financial investment, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must have a valid passport;
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of the declared funds for investment;
- Provide proof that the applicant has no criminal record;
- The applicant’s name must not be included in the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen within the boundaries of the EU;
- Payment of application fees.
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest information on this program, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555