- Canada is a country in North America consisting of ten provinces and three territories.
- Canada is the world’s second largest country by total area and the fourth largest country by land area.
- Total area of 9,984,670 km²
- Population of 35,675,834 people
- GDP of over $55,000 per capita
- The Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) pilot program is a new approach to immigrant investor programming in Canada, which is expected to have strong benefits for the Canadian economy.
- The program is aimed toward high net worth business immigrants with key skills and abilities for integration into the Canadian economy and society.
- Each investor will be required to make a $2 million non-guaranteed investment for 15 years into the IIVC fund. These funds will be invested in innovative Canadian-based start-ups with high growth potential.
- The pilot program will provide approximately 50 investors and their families with a pathway to permanent residence.
Canadian Federal Investor Program
- The goal of Canada’s Business Immigration Program is to promote economic development and employment by attracting investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals from outside Canada with venture capital, business acumen and entrepreneurial skills. This acts as a tool to attract experienced business immigrants who can actively invest in the Canadian economy, stimulating innovation, economic growth and job creation. The new Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program is part of a series of transformational changes that build on the Government’s commitment to build a fast and flexible economic immigration system.
Selection criteria under the pilot program are designed to attract investors with skills and abilities that will help their integration into the Canadian economy and society. These include:
- Proven language proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages;
- Education credentials: a Canadian post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate, or proof of a completed foreign education credential and an equivalency assessment from a designated organization; and
- A legally obtained net worth of at least $10 million derived from lawful, profit-making business activities, which will be verified by a designated due diligence service provider. Only applicants selected for processing will be required to obtain a due diligence report from a designated service provider.
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest information on this program, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555