- Bulgaria, officially the Republic of Bulgaria, is a country in south eastern Europe.
- Bulgaria is Europe’s 16th-largest country
- Total area of 110,994 km²
- Total population of over 7,364,000 people
- GDP of over US $16,500 per capita
Benefits Of Bulgarian Residence And Citizenship Program
Bulgaria boasts a rich and diverse culture, temperate climate, and ideal location in South East Europe – the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship in Bulgaria helps get you there faster.
- Fast process to residency (six to nine months);
- Fast-track option allowing for citizenship within two years;
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation
- Government-approved investment and available financing options from banks;
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship;
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment within the EU.
- Benefits for permanent residents include free movement within the Schengen zone, after Bulgaria becomes a member state, access to high quality healthcare in Bulgaria and the EU, conditional tax exemption on world income.
- Benefits for citizens unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe; right to own land in a EU country.
1. Full Investment
- Applicants choosing this option must deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount of BGN 1 million (E511,292) will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds.
2. Financed Investment
- For a set pre-paid fee, clients can leverage their capital by choosing the Financed Investment option. These individuals pay a reduced amount of €180,000 that will be used to finance a BGN 1 million (€511,292) closed 5.5-year loan from a Bulgarian chartered bank. This loan is initiated and repaid at no further cost to the investor.
- Applicants choosing the Financed Investment option will need to demonstrate net worldwide assets of no more than 1 Million Euros, a requirement of the Bulgarian chartered bank.
3. Fast-track citizenship option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
- Have at least one year of permanent residency status;
- Double the investment in bonds;
- Hold both investments for a period of at least two years after citizenship has been granted.
In accordance with the Bulgarian Citizenship Act, foreign investors who opt for the regular program are eligible to apply for Bulgarian citizenship if they have maintained their permanent resident status uninterruptedly for the past five years. The requirement for the regular program is as follows:
- Must be over 18 years
- Must have maintained permanent status for the past 5 years
- Must never have been sentenced by a Bulgarian court for a capital offence or accused in criminal proceedings for such a crime (unless they had been rehabilitated)
- Such investors will need to file a citizenship application and pass medical tests in their current country of residence.
- Non-EU citizen;
- Valid passport or another substitute foreign travel document;
- Personal net worth greater than €1 million is required by banks for the financed investment option. For the full investment option, the net worth requirement is €511,292;
- Documents supporting the source and origin of the declared and invested funds;
- Proof that the applicant has no criminal record;
- Attest the Power of Attorneys and the Investment Agreement;
- Payment of application fees;
- Make the minimum statutory trips to Bulgaria.
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest information on this program, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555